We wanted to share this very important information about parking on Football game days:
FROM: Eric Kunz
Associate Vice President for Facilities and Materiel Management
OSU Medical Center
As we prepare for another exciting OSU football season, I want to remind faculty, staff and students of traffic and parking changes that will occur around the Medical Center on game days. These changes are designed to make sure that access to the Medical Center and parking remains available for each patient, visitor and staff member working on game days.
PARKING FOR PATIENTS, VISITORS AND STAFF SCHEDULED TO WORK ON GAME DAYS
* The SAFEAUTO Hospitals Garage, on Westpark Street, will be reserved ONLY for patients, visitors and staff who are working on game days—no football parking.
* Staff members working on game days will need to show traffic officers their parking permit before entering the SAFEAUTO Hospitals Garage.
* Police and Security will be monitoring access to the SAFEAUTO Hospitals Garage to ensure that ONLY patients, visitors and staff who are scheduled to work on game days park in this garage.
*315 construction between I-670 and North Broadway will significantly impact traffic during the 2009 football season. Staff are encouraged to anticipate delays and changes in traffic patterns on campus and follow the directions of traffic officers.
* Traffic will be heavy before and after the game, more so than in past years. It is recommended that staff allow extra time in their commute if they are scheduled to work on game days.
* The suggested route to the Medical Center campus on game day is to approach campus from the South, using either Neil, 12th, 3rd or King Avenues.
This year’s home games are:
Saturday, September 5 vs. Navy, Noon
Saturday, September 12 vs. USC, 8 p.m.
Saturday, September 26 vs. Illinois, time TBA
Saturday, October 10 vs. Wisconsin, time TBA
Saturday, October 24 vs. Minnesota, Noon
Saturday, October 31 vs. New Mexico State, time TBA
Saturday, November 14 vs. Iowa, time TBA
If you are coming to a game and would like more information about parking, visit the OSU Transportation and Parking Web site at http://www.tp.ohio-state.edu/Events/football.shtml. An updated schedule (as kick off times are announced) can be found at www.ohiostatebuckeyes.com by selecting Football under the Sports drop down menu. For additional information about 315 construction, please visit the Ohio Department of Transportation’s Web site at: http://www.dot.state.oh.us/projects/315/Pages/default.aspx.