How can you eat healthier this holiday season? Angela Blackstone, RD, LD, at The Ohio State University Medical Center’s Center for Wellness and Prevention suggests having just a taste of your favorite holiday treats. Here is her guide to help you:
- One bite of cookie dough – 50 calories
- One fingerful of fudge batter – 50 calories
- One tablespoon of frosting – 60 calories
- 15 broken cracker pieces that are suitable for serving company – 135 calories
- One handful of peanuts – 225 calories
- One glass of eggnog (6oz) – 300 calories
- One handful of cereal party mix – 200 calories
- One deviled egg (1-half) – 75 calories
- Nibbling on holiday cookies – 100-150 calories (medium-sized cookie)
- One small candy cane – 25 calories
- One piece of fruitcake – 300 calories
What’s your favorite holiday treat?
Share with us in the comments below.