Matt Briggs, a sports physical therapist and athletic trainer at Ohio State University Medical Center, shares these tips for bike riders:
- Make sure you have a good warm-up before your ride and cool down after your ride
- Keep your bike well maintained and good working order
- Remember to properly hydrate especially if it is hot and humid
- Make sure your bike is properly fit to you
- Visit OSU Sports Medicine for a personalized bike fitting
- Wear a helmet!
Pelotonia participants should also check out these training tips for all things nutrition, safety, stretching, equipment and rehabilitation.
Training to ride? How do you stay safe while cycling?